Thursday, December 24, 2009

Field Travel Training

The 22nd of December saw me heading off on Field Travel Training along with Manfred, Nigel and our two training officers Mike and Dave.

The plan was that we would be taken by helicopter to Trajer Ridge where we would spend the afternoon walking in the local area.  The night would be spent at Trajer Ridge Melon, followed by a walk to Watts Hut via Crooked Lake apple for the second nights stay. The 24th would then see us walking back to Davis via Marine Plain Melons in time for Christmas Eve celebrations.

 

The objectives for the three days we to get an idea of how to walk on snow and ice, along with testing our navigation skills.

 

 

Everything went according to plan and a great fun trip was had by all. The other exciting news is that my sister got married while I was out and about. Luckily I had my satellite phone so I could congratulate her. Congratulations again Daria and Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment